Because the vaccine rollout continues, and extra folks look in direction of a post-COVID future, LinkedIn is seeing an increase in engagement, as professionals take into account their subsequent alternative, and companies search skilled assist to information their planning.
Certainly, LinkedIn is now as much as 774 million members, with three extra folks signing as much as the platform each second, whereas it is also reported ‘record levels of engagement‘ for 5 consecutive quarters, underlining this chance.
For freelancers, that additionally spells new potential to attach with related alternatives – as long as you are doing it proper, and using LinkedIn’s varied options to assist guarantee your presence stands out, and also you join in the simplest method.
On this entrance, LinkedIn has just lately added a number of instruments that may help in your course of – here is a take a look at three comparatively new LinkedIn additions that may assist enhance your platform efficiency.
1. LinkedIn Service Web page
LinkedIn added Companies listings on freelancer profiles back in 2019, however it’s just lately refined its show choices to make it an much more useful consideration.
As you may see, the up to date Companies web page format consists of extra particular concentrate on the providers supplied, in addition to a brand new ‘Opinions’ choice to show buyer testimonials.
Your LinkedIn Companies itemizing can showcase your corporation choices, and assist you attain potential purchasers – all without cost.
A Companies web page:
- Connects you with LinkedIn members in search of your providers
- Enabless potential purchasers to contact you without cost, even should you’re not related
- Lets you obtain enterprise inquiries from LinkedIn members outdoors of your community
- Helps you get discovered by service searches on LinkedIn
Right here’s a take a look at my LinkedIn Service Page:
Tricks to maximize your free LinkedIn Service Web page:
- Select as much as 10 providers supplied
- Full the ‘About’ part to let potential purchasers know extra about what you supply (you need to use as much as 500 characters)
- Add work location – You may select your present location in addition to the choice “I’m accessible to work remotely”
- When you’ve arrange your LinkedIn Service Web page, share it as a submit to let your community know you’re #OpenForBusiness or share it in a message.
For more information on learn how to arrange your personal LinkedIn Companies web page, try this overview from LinkedIn.
2. LinkedIn Service Web page Opinions
As famous, LinkedIn just lately added a brand new ‘Opinions’ part to its Companies web page choices, which allows you to showcase constructive shopper critiques, which could be one other method to assist promote your choices.
You may invite your previous purchasers to overview your providers, with LinkedIn initially providing 20 credit to request critiques through the method (this can guarantee persons are not inundated with overview requests on the platform).
To check this function, I despatched an ‘invite to overview’ to one in all our valued purchasers. That is the way it appears to be like:
Tricks to maximize your LinkedIn Service Web page Opinions:
- As famous, you’re allowed to ask as much as 20 purchasers to overview your providers
- You may withdraw a despatched ‘invite to overview’ and get the credit score again, enabling you to ask one other shopper as a substitute
- Examine the ‘Service Web page Opinions Standing’ to handle your overview invites. You can too message them to remind them in regards to the overview request, or as famous, you may withdraw the invite.
3. LinkedIn Video Conferences
LinkedIn additionally just lately a brand new native video meeting option, which allows you to begin a video dialog direct out of your LinkedIn message threads.
You need to use this function to immediately maintain face-to-face video conferences with potential purchasers, serving to to construct connection and belief.
Tricks to maximize native LinkedIn Video Conferences:
- At present, native LinkedIn video conferences allow you to host one-on-one video chats. LinkedIn will quickly add the flexibility to host group video conferences.
- Ship an prompt assembly hyperlink or schedule a gathering for an additional date.
For group video conferences, you may select from different video assembly suppliers supported by LinkedIn, together with MS Groups or Zoom.
LinkedIn is at all times including extra options, and the most recent additions to each its Service Pages and video instruments can present new methods so that you can improve connection, and enhance consciousness with potential purchasers.
In the event you’re seeking to maximize your alternatives, it is price profiting from these instruments, and leaning into LinkedIn’s newest choices to showcase your expertise and experience.