TikTok is the platform of the second, with the short-form video app persevering with to guide the app obtain charts, and add customers at an unprecedented charge.
And with the platform now on monitor to succeed in a billion customers this 12 months – regardless of shedding its greatest consumer market in June 2020, due a ban in India – that can put it on par with Instagram, and make it one of many prime 5 greatest social/messaging apps.
Which, in fact, now sees it attracting extra curiosity from entrepreneurs, trying to go the place shopper attentions lie. And little question, there may be big alternative for enhancing model consciousness and even producing direct gross sales – however the artistic focus of TikTok does imply that it requires a devoted strategy, you may’t simply re-purpose content material from different platforms or campaigns.
So how are you going to take advantage of TikTok on your model?
We lately spoke to Becca Sawyer, TikTok’s World Head of Small Enterprise Options, to get her insights into what manufacturers beginning out on the platform want to remember, in addition to her key suggestions for rising your corporation presence within the app.
Q: What advert/promotional parts are seeing one of the best response on TikTok proper now?
BS: Adverts that carry out finest do not look or really feel like adverts – they embody our “Do not Make adverts. Make TikToks” motto.
We at all times remind manufacturers to not overthink it. TikTok is the place the place authenticity and realness is just not solely accepted; it is celebrated.
We all know it may possibly really feel intimidating at first, and that is why we’re always engaged on methods to make it simpler to create and share content material on TikTok. Our Small Business Resource Center has artistic instruments and examples of profitable companies to assist enterprise house owners get comfy. We additionally lately partnered with Vimeo to launch templates that may assist small companies create high quality video in a couple of simple steps.
Q: What’s the important thing to an efficient advertising and marketing technique on TikTok?
BS: We at all times encourage manufacturers/organizations to:
- Interact Like a Person – Be a part of conversations and construct a neighborhood – manufacturers can put themselves on the forefront of tendencies and dialog taking place inside our neighborhood
- Assume TikTok First – Creativity, tradition and tendencies begin on TikTok. Pondering TikTok first permits your creativity to scale with dynamic nature of the platform.
- Construct a story – As a model/group, you will have a possibility to not simply be a part of a dialog, however begin a brand new dialog.
- Create with Intent – Do not Make Adverts. Make TikToks. TikTok as a platform is designed to encourage with genuine, artistic content material that might solely be on TikTok.
Q: What’s the most typical mistake you see manufacturers make with their TikTok strategy?
BS: A typical mistake from manufacturers and companies is approaching TikTok with the mindset that the final click on is the holy grail.
Manufacturers must be eager about TikTok uniquely – it is an immersive, leisure expertise, the place folks construct and discover neighborhood. Manufacturers that present up authentically, and genuinely need to be a part of the on a regular basis conversations, will see one of the best outcomes. As such, we regularly remind manufacturers that engagement previous to the ultimate click on is very precious.
Q: What’s instance of a model that is attaining robust outcomes with TikTok advertising and marketing?
BS: The manufacturers we see having probably the most success are people who embrace the creativity and authenticity of the TikTok neighborhood.
Examples of manufacturers which have actually leaned in:
- Aerie – Aerie’s crossover leggings have been offered out on-line for almost two months after a viral TikTok put up by Hannah Schlenker led to overwhelming demand for the product. Her single put up prompted over 700,000 searches for the product alone on the Aerie web site, in addition to a rise of 200,000% in Google searches. The model acquired a complete of 130,000 emails from prospects asking to be positioned on its “notify me” waitlist. They’ve since used paid promoting to additional drive conversions.
- GAP – Extra lately, GAP’s brown hoodie went viral, with the hashtag #gaphoodie reaching 6.7m+ views and counting due to a put up by creator Barbara Kristofferson. Though the hoodie was classic, the TikTok neighborhood created such viral demand that GAP introduced it again in inventory, after ending manufacturing over a decade in the past. TikTok and GAP lately partnered for the “Gap Hoodie Color Comeback”, a marketing campaign that can resolve GAP’s subsequent hoodie launch by participating the TikTok neighborhood to vote for the subsequent product colour.
- Bitter Patch Children (Mondelez Int.) – By persistently tapping into tendencies, and having enjoyable with the neighborhood, Bitter Patch Children is TikTok’s most-followed snack model, with over one million followers. They’ve additionally activated plenty of campaigns primarily based across the platform, one being its most up-to-date April Fools’ Day #SourPatchPrankFund problem, which rewarded TikTokers with Bitter Patch Children and cash for his or her pranks. For the marketing campaign, they partnered with 5 TikTok creators: @TheCrazyGorilla, @VirziTriplets, @SometimesMamaYells, @SantiAndMikay, and @TattedBoy92.
- KFC – Competing within the unending rooster sandwich wars, KFC took to TikTok to collaborate with in style creator Lili Hayes to introduce its new rooster sandwich. The collab, which was posted on KFC’s channel, has over 1.1m likes, whereas #trythekfcsandwich has garnered over 208m+ views and counting.
- Sider’s Woodcrafting is a family-owned woodcrafting store out of Maine. They make superb reducing boards, shelving and different customized merchandise and have grown to over 118K followers on TikTok. The proprietor, Bruce Graybill, has attested that TikTok accounts for roughly 90% of his enterprise. He lately printed a TikTok about how “TikTok saved our enterprise”.
- Izola’s Country Cooking is a cafeteria-style Southern consolation restaurant in Hinesville, GA. Their content material usually options their each day dishes created by Chef Dave, in addition to messages from prospects who’ve traveled throughout the nation to strive the meals. Owners Glenn and Lori Poole have mentioned that a lot of their prospects discovered them on TikTok.
- Lala Hijabs is run by a spouse and husband group in Canada, who began their enterprise and their TikTok account throughout lockdown. Sana made a video exhibiting a hijab she custom-made, and loads of her followers wished to purchase one prefer it. She launched her store final 12 months for “hand tie dyed hijabs – impressed by the gorgeous colours of life,” and so they have already executed six figures in income, with zero paid promoting up till lately. They’ve since activated paid promoting on the platform to spice up natural presence
Q: What could be your prime tip for somebody beginning out with TikTok advertising and marketing?
BS: Simply dive in! Learn the feedback. See how individuals are speaking in regards to the neighborhood or topic your model matches into.
Additionally have a look at what is going on on behind the tendencies and tradition actions. A model’s content material ought to feel and look the identical approach because the neighborhood’s posts. That approach, your model’s content material shall be grounded in what’s actually taking place on the platform, and could have a stake within the dialog.